2.13.2012

Review: Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation ♥


Hey Everyone!

Today I’m reviewing the Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation, and in my books it’s a winner! There are many reviews on this product and people mostly love it or they hate it, but like I mentioned before I love it. It’s a full coverage foundation that covers pretty much everything and it’s just truly amazing. It’s available at http://www.sephora.com ($42), http://www.lauramercier.com ($42), and at Sephora stores ($62.15 CAD) in a 35mL brown squeeze tube.

There many reasons why this foundation has become a holy grail for me.

Here are some things I liked:
  • Firstly like the name itself this foundation is very silky and it’s extremely luxurious.
  • It applies very smoothly and gives your face a lovely and natural look.
  • It is medium to full coverage depending on how much you apply. This enables you to really work with it and on days where your skin is looking better you can do a sheer application and it looks GREAT.
  • Over the time I have been using this foundation I could tell that compared to other foundations it just blends perfectly onto your face and gives an overall flawless and dewy look.
  • A little goes a long way with this so you get a lot of use out of it (have to be conscious of how much you take).
  • The consistency of the foundation is thick but at the same time it is very light weight.
  • It is NOT sticky at all.
  • The finish is not powdery like many other liquid foundations.
  • It’s for all skin types; I use the Laura Mercier Oil Free primer before applying the Silk Crème Foundation to help the foundation adjust better to my skin type.
  • This is a fairly moisturising foundation and doesn’t give your face a dry dimensionless affect.
  • While you wear this foundation you will notice it feels like your wearing NO makeup and it literally absorbs into your skin after a few minutes.
  • Works well to cover up rosacea.
  • PERFECT for evening out your skin tone.


Here are some things I didn’t like:
  • This foundation is very moisturising and can tend to get a little greasy. If you have oily skin like me dusting setting powder after applying the foundation is a must.
  • Something I heard that’s not true is that the colour ranges of the Silk Crème Foundations are really good, but I DON’T agree they have very limited colours and the shades are pretty much restricted for only people who have medium to fairer skin.
  • It tends to rub off really easily if you don’t set it. When I was testing this foundation I noticed it was completely gone after about 4 hours because I didn’t apply setting powder. Fortunately by just applying any powder to set the foundation it will keep it lasting for about 8-14 hours and it becomes very durable.
  • The foundation was a whopping $62.15CAD for me because I did buy mine at a Sephora store. That’s a ridiculous price for a foundation.
  • The pictures of the colours on the tubes are way off the actual colour of the product inside.
  • Lastly I really dislike that this foundation is in a tube. Like MANY other people I’m not a fan if squeeze tubes and I pretty much hate them. Although they give you good control on how much product you are taking, often enough if you squeeze too hard too much comes out and there’s no way to put it back in. This tube is also opaque so you can’t see how much you have left.
   
*Something I'm neutral about is the smell, I don’t love it but I don’t hate it either.



How to apply:
  • Before you apply this you have to remember to shake this foundation well because it does lightly separate.
  • You may want to apply a face primer because it will help the lasting power.
  • When you’re actually applying this, brushes work great but I feel using fingers is the easiest way. Using your fingers will give you full coverage like using a brush but it also helps heat up the product and melt it into your skin.
  • Make sure to set it with powder, this is critical especially when using this foundation!!

I'm in the shade “hazelnut beige” which is a medium beige shade for yellowish or golden skin tones. This foundation colour is the perfect match for me, and I love the way it fades into my skin and just looks totally great. I first got the shade “cashew beige” because I thought it was a good match based on the picture on the back but it was way off the picture and it just ended up being a shade lighter and it made me look dry and pale.

Overall I’m very happy with this foundation and I think it looks and feels great. It is pretty much the perfect everyday foundation that you can just smooth onto your face with your fingers, and then throw on some eyeliner, blush and mascara and run out the door. I would give the Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation a 9/10 and I will be definitely repurchasing it. 

never forget to stay fabulous!! 
xoxo 
naheeda ♥

1 comment:

  1. what other foundation shades are you for reference? Im a nars barcelona/syracuse and mac n42, revlon colorstay caramel beige. interested in this foundation. thanks

    ReplyDelete