12.07.2011

Heatless Curls ♥


Hi everyone!

All my curly haired girls, I feel ya

I LOVE CURLY HAIR and I naturally have curly hair but there are many issues I encounter with my hair that I notice a lot of other girls out there notice as well. Unlike straight hair anybody who has curly hair knows you don't want it to be brushed out because it becomes a never ending tangle and sometimes when you don’t brush it out, it becomes a never ending tangle as well… can someone say LOOSE, LOOSE. Curly hair can also be deceiving, it looks so perfect when it’s partially wet and then when it’s completely dry, it just becomes a big chaos on your head. And the ABSOLUTE worst part of it all is the often time you take a shower you notice that your curls don’t even form nicely and you’re left with no curls but plain messy waves composed of frizz and uncooperation. 

LOL:

http://thecurlyhairproblems.tumblr.com/

http://thecurlyhairproblems.tumblr.com/


I can go on forever about all the problems I have with curly hair but I have a solution to win the war between you and your hair.

There are many ways you can get nice wholesome curls. There is obviously the option of just curling it. Some girls unfortunately have SUPER strong natural curls and they have to straighten their hair before they curl it. But this involves A LOT OF HEAT that can be damaging and detrimental to your hair. But there is an old saying that goes something like this “no pain to gain”, so damaging aside another downfall to curling your hair is that its time consuming, I’m always so enthusiastic when I begin to curl my hair, but by time I’ve done half I start getting bored! And when I finally reach the end of it I’m just really bored!

I was scrolling YouTube when I came across a video by the beautiful AndreasChoice, the video showed a technique to get the perfect curls without any heat… when I thought to myself I do this ALL THE TIME!
So anyways here’s a tip on how to get beautiful perfect curls in your hair, WITH NO HEAT, this also works on straight hair of course 

So here goes:
how to section our head
  1. Frist you want to wash your hair and follow the procedure you normally would.
  2. Next you want to towel try your hair as straight as possible with downwards pulling motions. (or you could cheat and use a blow dryer)
  3. You want to then divide your hair into two sections (you may need four parts if your hair is really thick)
  4. Then all you do is divide each part in half and twist the two half together (  First in half vertically   And for thick hair, you can also split it in half diagonally)
  5. Pin it securely using bobby pins so it doesn’t undo!
  6. And that’s it go to sleep (or just keep it in for about 5 hours, the more time the better)
  7. Once the time has passed, take out all the bobby pins and VOILA you have beautiful curls 
  8. This part is optional, but if you can’t stand frizz or just want a more sleeker look use some kind of hair curling serum and just smooth it through your hair
  9. You can also twist a couple pieces together and make it looker even cleaner.
  10. Hair spray for that extra hold

Here’s the final look:










xoxo
naheeda

No comments:

Post a Comment