2.16.2016

CYAN Cafe & Lounge (Yonge Street and Major Mackenzie Drive East)



Hey Guys!!

After a busy two weeks of zero work life balance, I finally met up with one of my besties for some much needed loafing. We decided to explore Richmond Hill today and try out Cyan Café and Lounge. And that’s Cyan, pronounced “sigh-Anne”… just so you don’t sound silly if you ever want to suggest it to a friend haha.

Though they were playing some weird elevator Arabic music today instead of the Grammy’s -_-, I regardless can’t complain about the atmosphere of this place. Just a really trendy lounge setting with dim lighting, comfy sofas and big screen TV’s. Cyan was also really clean and like the name implies, there was really nice greenish-blue décor elements. They serve food and nicotine-free hookah here. If you’re just in it for the food or smoking bothers you, I would recommend going earlier in the night because past 9pm it gets really crowded and everyone will be smoking.

Calamari
The food was for the most part really good. We ordered the Calamari, which was breaded with seasoned flour and served with their signature Cyan sauce. Unlike usual batter or breaded fried calamari, the calamari at Cyan had coating similar to fried chicken, which I can always get down with. The texture was perfectly tender on the inside without any rubbery bite and overall super tasty, especially with the sauce.

Kibbeh
We also tried their Kibbeh, made from a mixture of lean beef, bulgur, other seasonings and served with yogurt. I really like Middle Eastern foods and since seeing it on an episode of MasterChef I’ve been meaning to try this “kibbeh” stuff. Now I can’t really compare it to other kibbeh, because this was my first time, but I have to say it was pretty tasty. It was well seasoned and fairly light despite being deep-fried. The only negative I could say is that the yogurt they gave alongside was so basic, it kind of muted the kibbeh flavour.

Mixed Grill
Lastly because we weren’t too hungry we just got the Mixed Grill to share. It came with an assortment of skewers including beef tenderloin, chicken tikka and beef kebab, served with salad and a choice of rice or fries. They serve a really cool cyan coloured rice but we chose the fries of course, which by the way was a really good decision because they were breaded-fries… YUM. The beef tenderloin was extremely gamy, just couldn’t eat it, the chicken tikka was tasty, but needed way more flavour and the beef kebab was actually really yummy, no complaints with that one. I probably wouldn’t order the mixed grill plate again, maybe I’d just get the beef kebab alone next time.

The waitress we got was really nice but their service isn’t the best. They had one of those things on the table where you can call the server from but regardless, the waitress took forever when we needed her and the food took like an hour to come. It was annoying that our main came with our appetizers. Actually no what was truly annoying was the fact that they charged gratuity automatically when we asked for our bill. I get when places do that when there is 10+ people but it was literally just my friend and I… not that I didn’t want to tip but seriously who does that? But overall, I would really suggest going to Cyan if you want to chill, have some yummy food and catch up with friends.


Naheeda

“Why have abs when you can have kebabs” ~Unknown

Cyan Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment