11.13.2014

Review and Swatches: NARS "Albatross" Highlighting Blush ♥

Hey everyone!

NARS "Albatross" Highlighting Blush

NARS "Albatross" Highlighting Blush
So today I’m going to be reviewing a product from my favourite brand NARS and it is the Highlighting Blush in the shade “Albatross”. NARS is notorious for having great blushes and though it may be a “highlighting” blush it does not fall short. This product is an illuminating highlighting powder, which gives the skin a light-reflecting luminous glow. You can buy it on the NARS website or at Sephora for $35 (CAD) before tax.

NARS "Albatross" Highlighting Blush
Although initially this product smells “makeup-y”, seems chalky, and looks a weird whitish yellow shade this is truly overall a great highlighting product. What I love about it the most is the versatility. This isn’t one of those deals where you need a different highlight for the bridge of your nose, and brown bone, and cupid’s bow, etc. You can use Albatross everywhere you want to highlight and it even works great as a sheer eye shadow. On a day where I don’t feel like doing anything I love popping some of this stuff in my tear duct, applying mascara and running out the door.

You can wear it alone or pair it with other cheek products to create beautiful dimensions on the face.  I find that when I apply a peach or coral blush and I use “Albatross” to highlight with it I look more sun kissed and when I mix it in with a pink blush it becomes a great dupe for NARS’ “Orgasm” blush.
 
NARS "Albatross" Highlighting Blush
It’s very finely milled, has no glitter chunks and blends like a dream. This Highlighting Blush is also very buildable. In fact, a little goes a LONG way. Like with most NARS blushes, you have to remember to be light handed with this shade, which isn’t necessary a bad thing because it’ll last you forever. Depending on how much you apply its can be great for everyday wear or even a full face of makeup and it literally looks good on everyone including pale skin tones all the way to darker complexions.

NARS "Albatross" Highlighting Blush Swatches
This is also the highlight for you if you’re looking for that Hollywood glow…if it matters at all supposedly Kim Kardashian’s makeup artist uses it on her a lot. I highly recommend getting the NARS Highlighting Blush in the shade “Albatross”; it’ll give you a perfect glow. And if you’re just not sold on it definitely give it a swatch the next time you can, I know you’ll love it. :)

xoxo

Naheeda 

No comments:

Post a Comment