10.04.2014

Review: Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser ♥


Hey everyone!
Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Cleanser

So today I’m going to be reviewing the Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser. You can buy this cleanser in Sephora stores, Ole Henriksen’s website or Sephora online for $34 (CAD) for 4oz. I love Ole Henriksen products and wanted to love this cleanser REALLY BADLY but it just doesn’t live up to the rest of the line. It’s a 3-in-1 cleanser that starts off as a gel, melts on contact into an oil to dissolve waterproof makeup and turns into a milk cleanser when you add warm water. I’ve been slowly dipping my toes into the world of cleansing oils and even out of the few products I have tried I can clearly say that this product is just a huge gimmick.

It does remove makeup really well when you massage it on your face but the problem lies in taking it off. No seriously it doesn’t come off. When you add the warm water it only slightly milks up and when you try and rinse it just stays on your face. Kind of similar to what it would be like washing a thin layer of Vaseline off your face.  I literally needed to use another cleanser to wash off the Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser.

Of course a huge pro of this product, basically the only pro of this product, is that it has that amazing Ole Henriksen smell. Mmmm orange skittles.

Overall, I really wouldn’t recommend getting this product. The only time I would say you should get this awful cleanser is if you have dehydrated skin and you’re looking for a good makeup remover. The virgin cherry oil in it did leave my face pretty soft. But like I said before you do have to use a cleanser afterwards.

xoxo
Naheeda ♥

1 comment: