4.27.2012

Review and Swatches: Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect Nail Polishes ♥

Hey everyone!



Today I’m going to be talking about the Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect Nail Polishes. This collection consists of gorgeous light and pastel colours. Although the colours are very elegant and lovely, overall these polishes weren’t a winner for me. But if you are looking for them they are about $8 CAD each at Shoppers Drugmart and you can also find them at other stores like Wal Mart, Zellers, etc. 


What I liked about the Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect Nail Polishes:
  • Colour wise, this collection is marvelous.
    • The pastel and baby colours make this line perfect for summer.
  • This nailpolish goes on perfectly.
    • As it claims it definitely goes on very smooth.
  • Nice big brush.

And now what I didn’t liked about the Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect Nail Polishes:
  • The colours aren’t opaque AT ALL
    • You literally need about 5 coats to get a nice opaque layer of colour.
  • The final look is really thick because of the layers of nailpolish.
  • Each coat takes FOREVER to dry.
    • I literally kept my hands still for about an HOUR and TEN MINUTES before I fully finished painting my nails
  • The formula is pretty runny. (Personally I like a medium balance between thick and runny but these nail polishes are exceptionally runny.)
  • Chips easily
    • Have to make sure you apply a top coat!!

I bought four colours, which are “08 Sorbet”, “05 Whisper”, “06 Air” and “07 Sea”.


Here are the SWATCHES (sorry for the messy paint job -I was just getting tired of keeping my hand still for sooo long-):

4 coats of nailpolish


As you can see, there are way more negative aspects to the Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect Nail Polishes than positive ones. I DON’T recommend these nailpolishes at all. This nail polish line was a huge disappointed because I was really looking forward to wearing these stunning colours through the summer! While they do achieve what they claim (really do give your nails a wonderful and smooth look to them) the formula just straight up SUCKED. 

Stay Fabulous!
xoxo
naheeda ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment