4.26.2012

Review and Swatches: Maybelline New York Eye Studio Quad in “70 Copper Chic” ♥

Hey everyone!






About 2 weeks ago I went into the drugstore to find a great palette that I could make a lot of use of to do quick and wearable looks for the day time. I ended up picking a few things up including a Maybelline New York Eye Studio quad in “70 Copper Chic”. The Maybelline New York Eye Studio quad in “70 Copper Chic” is a gorgeous and inexpensive quad that consists of a pinky-champagne colour, a peachy-copper shade, a true bronze colour and a chocolate brown shade. I bought it for about $14 CAD at Shoppers Drugmart but you can definitely find it for much cheaper at WalMart.

Regarding the colour payoff, it’s about a 7.8/10. When I saw this quad at the store I thought the shadows are going to be wonderful but they just quite didn’t live up to my expectations. Don’t get me wrong, this quad is still amazing quality for drugstore makeup but I just wouldn’t say it’s the best I have come across. One thing you do have to remember is to be careful of how much you pick up because when you tap your brush into the shadows a lot of colour gets picked up.

comes sealed
The packaging is nothing special. The bottom part is made from a black plastic and the top part is a clear plastic lid. The only thing it comes with is a double ended sponge-tip applicator. Something I do like about the packaging is that it comes clearly sealed unlike some drugstore makeup products.

When applying these shadows you have to make sure to tap and pack the eyeshadow onto your lid rather that swiping to avoid fallout. All the colours are shimmery and the texture is very velvety.

SWATCHES:



Because summer is starting to come around this copper toned palette will look especially gorgeous on the eyes against tanned skin under the sun. If you are looking for a good daytime palette I highly recommend this for you :)

Stay Fabulous!
xoxo
naheeda ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment