10.13.2014

Review: GHD Eclipse ♥

Hey people!
GHD Eclipse 

So today I’m super excited to be reviewing the GHD Eclipse flat iron. You can buy this beautiful soul of a flat iron on http://www.ghdhair.com or at Sephora like I did for $295 CAD… I know steep!

The first time I used these I absolutely fell in love with them. I think we can all agree that GHD rules the flat iron world and this one literally trumps anything I’ve tried before. It has patented “Tri-Zone” technology that features six sensors and super-thin plates allowing the perfect heat control from root to tip. It heats up in literally less than 20 seconds and even has an automatic shut off for impatient, lazy and forgetful people... like me. :)
You can straighten or curl thicker sections at once compared to other flat irons. It’s perfect for naturally curly and frizzy hair because the plates calm and smoothen your hair even without any finishing products! The ionic plates lock in the moisture and your hair feels like a million bucks. Thinking back at all the times I’ve straightened my hair with other irons almost brings a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach because I could have avoided so much damage!
A flower on top of a piece of
aerogel suspended over a flame
from a Bunsen burner
Not only is this straightener paving the way for all modern day straighteners but also it just looks like the future. It has silver lines along the sides and the rest of it is all black including the plates (you can also get it in white)! It looks really sleek and has a light up GHD logo on the inside and on the outside, which blink when the straightener is heating up. The iron is lined with aerogel insulation ensuring that that the outer shell is cool-to-the-touch making it optimal for curling as well. Aerogel has excellent insulating properties, and a flower placed on top of it can even be protected from almost direct flame from a Bunsen burner #science. The sides of it are curved which also makes it great for curling or hair that gets easily knotted.
Silicone Guard 
The GHD Eclipse also features a nine-foot swivel cord because it is a top-notch salon flat iron and this just makes it easier for hairdressers to work comfortably around their clients. It comes with a heat resistant soft silicone guard so when your done with it you can cover it and not have to worry about someone accidentally getting burnt on an open hair straightener. Another snazzy thing about this flat iron is the cool noises it makes when you turn it on and to tell you when it’s done heating up.

I’m not knocking the GHD Professional because if any of you have tried it you know it’s an amazing iron and does a wonderful job but this one literally just blew even the GHD Professional out of the water. I seriously think that I should consider applying for a job at GHD because I really can’t stop talking to people about this straightener. And I know its really pricey because ain’t nobody got $295 to drop like that and I feel your pain because of the stupid 13% tax we have in Toronto which took me up to like $330 x_x but its super worth it. If you think your straightener is amazing and it works for you defs don’t run out and get this one but when that puppy breaks the GHD Eclipse flat iron definitely should be your replacement!

xoxo
naheeda 

1 comment: