1.18.2016

Blogging over Coffee! Coffee Culture (Markham Road and Ellesmere Road)


So we went here to work on my friend’s blog and Coffee Culture officially has my favourite carrot cake ever… now I’m not the biggest fan of carrot cake in general but when people are making it into a cheesecake hybrid and drizzling caramel all over the place who am I to hate, right? This cake isn't even the weird kind which is basically just carrot cake with cream cheese frosting piled on top. Just two classic cakes made into one amazing dessert. It was really creamy, dense, while being light at the same time. There were pieces of carrot cake throughout but they didn’t even omit the graham cracker crust, which I crave when eating cheesecake! Winner! And being the major cheesecake junkie that I pride myself in being, I seriously don’t know why I’ve never had this before… so many days of incompleteness #regrets. The only negative I have to say is the size of the piece… sure enough they weren’t joking when they literally cut me a 5cm slice…

I also got an Oreo Freddoccino, which is a cold beverage made rich espresso, ice-cream and Oreo crumbles, topped with whipped cream. There was a nice coffee and chocolate flavour throughout but this drink was just waaaay too sweet for me. Everyone and anyone that’s even been slightly acquainted with me knows I can definitely handle my sugar. So for me to be saying something is too sweet is a huge deal. Just couldn’t finish this.

You place your order at the cashiers and they grab you your stuff. If they’re going to take time making what you ordered, they’ll just bring it to your table. While it was pretty busy, the people that served us were really nice and patient. The ambience of this place is really coffee-shop-ey.  It was slightly dim but still properly lit with yellow lights. There are a lot of tables and booths but unfortunately they were all occupied when we went. Probably because of the free wifi and good studying atmosphere.  People just wouldn’t get up and leave… When one did clear up, my friend and I ended up sitting with a random girl who was also looking for a table LOL… true story, she was nice though. YOLO.

Naheeda

“I like coffee because it gives me the illusion that I might be awake.” ~Lewis Black

  
Coffee Culture Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment