1.18.2016

Brunch at The OMNI King Edward Hotel (King Street E and Victoria Street)



Yesterday was a major food adventure for my family and I. I’m actually getting bloated thinking about all the food we consumed. We first started by going to The OMNI King Edwards Hotel for the brunch buffet. The price of the brunch service is $53 per person (before tax) and runs every Sunday from 11am to 1pm. $53… I know steep… but fortunately for me I have an amazing older sister that foot the whole bill so I’m still going strong with my $53 LOL.







The food was all exceedingly good, everything we ate was fresh and well seasoned. They had sooo many options including a variety of salads, appetizers, juices and smoothies, meats and my favourite part, cheeses! There was also a rather elaborate dessert table with tonnes of different sweets. A really unique thing to this buffet is a cake they served called “Galette Des Rois” which had little individually wrapped almonds hidden inside. They apparently do this because traditionally this special cake had porcelain figures baked inside and whoever received the little favour was then crowned king/queen for the day. Overall, my favourite thing we ate was the salmon, seriously it totally stood out. So fatty and perfectly cooked. Another thing I want to mention, is with the Eggs Benedict, they had them served with ham but because we don’t eat ham they freshly made us some without. A+ for accommodation. Of course they also had an assortment of freshly brewed tea on request to have with your breakfast. 



The brunch is held in the Sovereign Ballroom inside the hotel, which features a 24-foot-high ceiling, beautiful Edwardian architecture and floor to ceiling windows. They apparently just recently renovated this place and I have to say it was freaking gorgeous. The tables were all throughout the ball room and the food was of course served buffet style along the sides. In the corner they also had a harpist who played live music during the brunch, so fancy! Service was also really lavish, the waiters were of course well trained and made my entire family really feel the extravagance of the place. My baby sister even asked for mints, and though they didn’t have any the waiter hunted down some candies and brought a handful over and encouraged her to take as many as she wanted, shout out to Ronald/Roland (not too sure what his name is).


Naheeda

Brunch is breakfast without an alarm clock ~Unknown



Victoria's Restaurant - The Omni King Edward Hotel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment