7.15.2016

Ichiban Sushi House (Wellington Street East and Church Street)


Green Dragon Roll
Hey Guys!!

Ahhhh, I’m done my exams, so exciting.

So yesterday a friend and I went on a little exploring session around the city. Though our initial plan was to get coffee, we of course got hungry and decided to grab some food first. We spontaneously stopped at Ichiban Sushi House on Wellington.

Firstly, its pretty crazy that the founders opened the first Ichiban Sushi House Restaurant in 1983 on Bloor Street. Today they have over 31 Ichiban Sushi Restaurant all around Toronto so considering I LOVE sushi, it’s pretty weird that I’ve never been to one before.

Seaweed Salad
For appetizer I got the Seaweed Salad, which was different than others that I have tried. Their seaweed is not the usual kind you get at most Japanese restaurants, it’s a fresh seaweed that is blacker in colour. It was served with sliced cucumbers, crab and garnished with toasted sesame seeds and daikon radish strips. While the salad did have that sweet and sour flavour, I found it a bit too salty. Personally for me I also missed that crunch you get from the usual seaweed salad.


I also got a Green Dragon Roll, which by the way is my favourite kind of sushi. The roll at Ichciban was absolutely delicious. I was filled with really crunchy tempura shrimp, cucumber, masago and lots of fresh avocado… yum!


Ichiban Sushi House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment