5.11.2015

Reviews and Swatches: Christopher Kane for NARS "Parallel Universe" Eyeshadow Duo ♥

Hey Fabulous!


I think everyone around me knows that I’m like a mega NARS junkie so it’s an understatement to say that I was absolutely excited for the limited edition Christopher Kane for NARS collection. Christopher Kane, for those of you who are like “who the hell is he”, is a designer who has a British based fashion label. He generally likes to use neon’s as neutrals and therefore neoneutrals were the inspiration behind this makeup line. Although the entire collection is beautiful, I definitely couldn’t convince myself to be irrational and buy everything so I settled with just the eyeshadow duo -and this has nothing to do with the fact that the single eyeshadow in the collection was sold out *guilty face*-. You can get the Parallel Universe Duo Eyeshadow from any NARS counter or at Sephora for $40 CAD (before tax).


This duo obvi has two colours, an “iridescent pink lilac” on the left and a “soft iridescent violet” on the right. Both shadows are creamy and glide on wonderfully onto the eye. They come in the classic NARS Duo Eyeshadow packaging but instead of the standard white “NARS” writing on the front it’s a hot pink… like OH EM GEE.

I was really excited when I saw the eyeshadows in this collection because they’re all really sparkly. They’re not necessary the most pigmented shadows you can find but my life revolves around sparkles and all things glittery so if you’re like me these shadows are to die for. There are so many different looks you can do with these shadows and it’s amazing that they give a different affect in different types of lighting.

My favourite way to wear this duo is as an inner corner colour or even all over the eyelid because they can brighten up pretty much any look. When you do apply it however you will notice the crazy fall out. Definitely use a wet flat shadow brush or your fingers to apply these colours. Another tip is to use a stickier shadow base, wipe away any fallout and to apply your foundation after doing your eyes. Also like I mentioned before, they lack in the pigment department because they are so sparkly. Now you can definitely layer them and wear them on their own but I like to use a white base or even just pat them on top of another eyeshadow look for a touch of sparkle. On the bright side however, these shadows do not crease and if you apply them properly they are very long lasting.

Overall I would say that this little duo is perfect for summer and if you’re in the market for something basic and cute but with pizzazz get your hands on one of these babies before they’re all gone #LimitedEditionProblems.

xoxo,
Naheeda ♥

Enjoy these swatches lovelies:


No comments:

Post a Comment