2.26.2012

Review and Swatches: Colour Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadows by Maybelline♥

Hey Everyone!

The Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadows are 24 hour cream eyeshadows. I love them so much and I feel like they are the perfect product to use as a base or as an eyeshadow itself. They come in 10 different shades and are available at Wal-Mart, Zellers and most Drugstores for around $10-$13.


The Maybelline Colour Tattoos come in glass pots with black lids that twist off. The quality of the packaging is really good and is very similar to the packaging of the MAC Paint Pots. Unlike a lot of drugstore products the packaging does not feel cheap or flimsy. Although it’s not a big deal, the only flaw I found with the packaging is that the names of the colours are written on the tops of the lid, I personally would have preferred the names to be on the other side so I can see the actual colour and the name at the same time. Something to keep in mind is that like all cream shadows you do have to MAKE SURE to close the lids tightly because they do dry up the more exposure to air they get.

The Maybelline Colour Tattoos aren’t like average drugstore cream shadows. The qualities of the Colour Tattoos are very similar to higher end makeup cream shadows. They definitely last all day without creasing or fading. I don’t know if they last 24 hours like they claim but I did wear them for a long 13 hours and they lasted amazingly. They are pretty much identical to the MAC Paint Pots. Don’t get me wrong I REALLY love the MAC Paint Pots but I think I like the Colour Tattoos a little better only because they are much cheaper (MAC Paint Pots are $21CAD) and also the quality is fairly the same as the MAC Paint Pots. The Maybelline Colour Tattoos also come in a wide range of colours compared to the MAC Paint Pots. Most of the Paint Pots are only offered in neutral tones whereas the Colour Tattoos come in all sorts of colours ensuring everyone can find a complementary shade.

The Colour Tattoos don’t crease or fade and are very buildable. They are also extremely pigmented and with one swipe are exceptionally vibrant. They come in shimmer and matte finishes and are also easy to use with eyeshadows that aren’t creams. After you apply them to your eyes they just don’t move and unlike other cream shadows once you put on these shadows you still have a good amount of time to blend them in.

In the directions it says not to let them completely dry before applying another layer but I feel the more layers I build the more tend to start chunking up. However when I do let each layer dry I can apply more product smoothly and easily.

My favourite Colour Tattoo is the “25 Bad to the Bronze.” It’s a beautiful bronze colour that perfect for all over your lid. It makes your eyes look gorgeous but at the same time it’s not dramatic at all. I apply it with my finger and just blend it out, sometimes I apply it with my fingers and then I’ll take a brush and blend out the edges. Either way the application is effortless and looks amazing on your eyes like all the other Maybelline Colour Tattoos.

I have eight out of ten shades and here are their SWATCHES:

swatches without flash

swatches with flash


I really hope you try out these amazing Maybelline Colour Tattoos.

stay FABULOUS!
xoxo
naheeda ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment