2.24.2012

Makeup Bag 101 and What's in My Makeup Bag ♥

Hey everyone!

Have you ever gone a day where you’re running around and your makeup starts to wear off!? Theres one solution for that, carry a makeup bag. 

This is what I carry in my makeup bag and hopefully I can help you decide what you may or may not need in yours. Basically I carry everything I need to do my makeup on the go. I usually NEVER need everything I carry but it’s always better to be safe than sorry.




Basic Rules:
  1. When putting together a makeup bag the first rule is to be practical. You don’t want to be that one person that carries the giant tub of Vaseline. This is a makeup bag not your bathroom cabinet.
  2. Make sure everything you need is something you’re actually going to use. I barely wear bold coloured lips so I don’t carry any bold lip products in my makeup bag. Its oneless thing you need to carry around and you can save the space for the future when you may need to add something. 
  3. Thirdly carry around applicators. There’s no point of bringing makeup around with you if you have nothing to apply it with. I actually have a second makeup bag with my Shu Uemura Eyelash curler, my Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy rollerball and the following application tools: 
    • Sponges
    • Q-tips,
    • MAC 214 short shader brush
    • MAC 182 kabuki buffer brush
  4. Fourthly you OBVIOUSLY have to make sure you have a mirror. To save space I just use the mirror in one of my compacts. 
  5. The last and most important rule to having a makeup bag is to make sure that everything is clean! Carry around hand sanitizer or sanitizing sheets to clean your hands or makeup tools on the go. It’s critical to NEVER put anything dirty on your face.
My Makeup Bags:
My makeup bag is just a cute little sequins pouch. I got this bag because it has a zip and I can just throw it in my bag and I don’t have to worry about it opening and everything falling out. I got it from a store in the mall, I don’t remember which one but I do remember it was SUPER cheap and the hot pink sequins just totally caught my attention. My second makeup bag is another zipper pouch. I got it as a present for my birthday with a Bath and Body Works cream set.

Things I Carry In My Makeup Bag:

Face:
The first thing I carry is a staple in my makeup bag. It is my favourite foundation, which is the Laura Mercier Silk Crème foundation in the shade “Hazelnut Beige.” I did a review on this product so you can check it out if you want more details about this foundation (CLICK for review).

Another face product I carry in my makeup bag is my Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder. This is an amazing product that helps reduce and control the shininess on your face. It’s transparent and scentless and leaves your face completely matte.

For my cheeks I carry a NARS blush in the shade “Desire.” I first got this blush because I heard a lot of good things about the colour payoff. When I saw it at Sephora I realized it was the prettiest hot pink blush ever and of course I HAD to have it. “Desire” is really pretty when applied with any blush or fluffy brush. It can be very subtle and natural when applied with a light hand but it’s also extremely buildable and can give you a vibrant pop of pink in a matter of strokes.

Lastly for my face I carry my L'Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable warm Concealer in the shade “light/medium W4-5” which is a great drugstore concealer for under your eyes. It blends well and last long. Im not 100% in love with it but it is a great product that I use pretty often.

Eyes:
The first thing I carry in my makeup bag for my eyes is my Stilla Smudge Stick in the shade “Stingray.” This eyeliner is the perfect on the go eye liner. It’s a twist-up so you don’t need to sharpen it and it glides on perfectly and smoothly. It’s very long lasting and super vibrant. You can save space with this product because you can use it on your waterline, lash line and to line your lids so you don't have to carry around other eyeliners.

I also carry my favourite mascara which is Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies mascara (aka Maybelline Falsies). I have it in the shade “Black Drama” and this has been my go to mascara for more than a year now. I LOVE this mascara so much because it lasts the whole day and looks amazing. It curls and lengthened my lashes and thickens them to whole new degree. I’m constantly trying new mascaras just to see if I can find one as good as the Falsies mascara and I have yet to find one! Another reason I love this mascara is because of the price! You can find this mascara at WalMart for only $5-$10. For the quality of this product the low price is just a cherry on top.

The next thing I carry in my makeup bag is my Lancome Color Design Palette in “Taupe Craze.” This is a neutral eyeshadow palette which is small and sleek enough to fit right into anyone’s makeup bag. It comes with 2 sponge tip applicators and contains 5 different products which are all different colours. It consists of an all over eye shadow base, a lid colour, a crease colour, a highlight colour and a liner colour. I like to carry this palette in my makeup bag because it has different taupe toned colours that can be worn in different ways to achieve a night or day look. Something else I like about this palette is that there are a variety of textures. Sometimes I take the highlight colour and apply it along my cheekbone, on my cupids bow and on the bridge of my nose to highlight my face. Overall it’s a really great that's also very versatile. 

Lips:
On average I usually just have a light or pale lip colour on. In my makeup bag I have four products that I use on a day to day basis which are the  NARS lipgloss in “Turkish Delight”, two Colorburst Lip Butters by REVLON in the shades “Crème Brulee” and “Brown Sugar” (CLICK for review) and lastly one of my favourites, the Estée Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipsticks in the shade “Ripe Papaya.”


Always remember everyone uses different products and your makeup bag should be customized to what you need. :)

I hope this helps you put together a makeup bag and NEVER forget to stay fabulous!
xoxo
naheeda♥



No comments:

Post a Comment