3.06.2012

Review and Swatches: Dream Bouncy Blush by Maybelline ♥

Hey Everyone:

Today I’m reviewing the Dream Bouncy Blushes by Maybelline. You can find these at most department and drug stores. They retail for about $6 to $10 (CAD) and are available in ten different shades.

When I first saw these at Wal-Mart I was really amazed at the whole “bouncy” idea. At the Wal-Mart I went to, they didn’t have any testers out so I decided to just get a few to try out and decide if I like them or not. I ended up picking up only four in the colours “50 Plum Wine”, “20 Peach Satin”, “10 Pink Frosting” and “45 Orchid Hush”.




Packaging:
  • Plastic
  • They have clear lids that snaps on
  • Colour names are written on the back
  • Nothing special

What I liked:
  • Not oily
  • If you are trying to achieve a natural look this is a good product
  • Not a typical cream blush. Texture is very new and unique (exactly like play-doh).

What I didn't like:
  • Very hard to get colour because the texture makes it hard to work with
  • They all swatch well, but are very sheer when you blend them in
  • The darker colours have the most pigmentation otherwise you REALLY have to pack it on
  • The colours aren’t very nice and they all pretty much look the same on your face
  • The bouncy part is kind of cool but I was disappointed. They don’t actually “bounce” they just squish in.
  • They aren’t worth the price (you can get so many other better blushes at the drugstore for around $10)
  • They don’t last very long at all (maximum four hours)
  • These blushes do not work well with brushes. When you use a brush you get extremely little colour payoff. (You have to use your fingers)

SWATCHES:
Dream Bouncy Blushes- not blended

Dream Bouncy Blushes- fully blended

Overall I don’t really like the Dream Bouncy Blushes at all. I think they are a gimmick. If you like trying new textures you may enjoy these blushes but honestly they aren’t very good. They are however really soft and if these blushes were more pigmented and lasted longer they would have been a very good product. I do not recommend these blushes.

stay fabulous!! 
xoxo
naheeda ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment