3.22.2012

Review and Swatches: NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils ♥


Hey everyone!


This is a review on the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils. These are super affordable and versatile eyeshadow pencils which can be used on their own or under any eyeshadows to make them more vibrant. They retail for $5.99 on the NYX website (http://www.nyxcosmetics.ca) but I bought mine off eBay for about $40 for 11 different colours. In Canada you can only mainly find NYX products at Rexall Pharma Plus stores.

What I liked about them:
  • I really like the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils for many reasons. The number one reason I love these is because they are really cheap. For the quality of the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils the retail price itself is a bargain.
  • These shadow pencils are pretty much the same as MAC Shadesticks ($21 CAD).  I personally prefer them to the MAC Shadesticks because they aren’t as dry. 
  • They are very creamy and easy to work with.
  • I never find myself struggling with the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils because they blend effortlessly.
  • Another thing I like about them is that they are available in pretty much every colour. 
  • NYX shadow pencils are also bold and they all give amazing colour payoff.  
  • You can get a lot of use out of these shadow pencils because they can be used on most parts of the body which is great if you do costume makeup.
  • A lot of people like using these as eyeliner and I’ve also seen people rub a little on a clean mascara spool to use as coloured mascara -I pretty much just use them as colour bases for my eyeshadows-.


What I didn’t like about them:

There are only two things I don’t like about the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils.
  • Firstly the size of the pencil is literally “jumbo”, so you need a large whole sharpener. I feel these would be so much better if they just twisted up like the MAC Shadesticks. However this isn’t really a huge problem because you can easily find a large whole sharpener.
  • The second problem I have with these is that they crease a lot! You have to make sure to apply a very light layer of them because a thick layer will crease almost instantly. 
    • I HIGHLY recommend wearing an eyeshadow base under these so creasing won’t be an issue.


My favourite NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil is the one in the shade “milk”. It’s just a flat white colour that I blend onto my eyelids to help make my actual eyeshadows stand out more. 
*When I apply these shadow pencils I find the easiest way is to rub a little onto our finger and then apply it to your eyelids. This way you’re not tugging the pencil on your eyelid.

SWATCHES:









I forgot to swatch this one with the others :P













How I store my NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil:



Overall I think the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils are wonderful. For the price the quality is amazing and I really recommend them.

Stay Fabulous!
xoxo
naheeda ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment