3.01.2012

Review and Swatches: Girl Meets Pearl by Benefit ♥


Hey Everyone!


Recently I decided before I buy any new makeup products I’m going to use up things I already have in my collection. So for about a month now I have been using a product called Girl Meets Pearl by the brand Benefit as an everyday highlight. It’s a rosy pearl highlighter with a golden glow. You can find it at Sephora or at http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/girl-meets-pearl for $30.


I’m somewhat on the fence about this product.


What I Liked:
  • Smells delicious
  • Looks amazing when you first apply it
  • Gives you a great dewy summer look
  • Amazing at accenting a tan
  • Makes you look refreshed
  • Great product to mix in with your foundation and apply all over your face
  • Great for everyday use
  • The packaging is SUPER cute
    • The box it comes in has a really pretty night scene on it (reminds me of Paris for some reason)
    • When you open it, it comes with two caps
    • You twist up the bottom for the product to come out


What I didn’t like:
  • It’s very sheer when you blend it in
  • You have to be under direct light for you to be able to see it
  • A great product but not worth $30+tax CAD
  • It doesn't last very long (maybe 3 hours)
  • If you apply too much it looks like you applied shimmer powder on your face
  • Looks better on camera than in real life


Overall I do think this a great product to have to achieve a natural glow but it’s not the ideal product to have if you want that extra bit of dewiness to your completion.

SWATCHES:
Girl Meets Pearl- freshly applied

Girl Meets Pearl- 1/2 blended 
Girl Meets Pearl- 3/4 blended

Girl Meets Pearl- fully blended
stay fabulous girls!!
xoxo
naheeda ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment