3.20.2012

Nails Of The Day: Essie "Turquoise and Caicos" ♥




Essie’s “Turquoise and Caicos”
Today I’m wearing Essie’s “Turquoise and Caicos” on my nails. This is a beautiful mint green/turquoise colour that is pretty much the same colour of the ever so famous Tiffany & Co. blue jewelry boxes. I bought this nailpolish at Shoppers Drugmart for about $12.

I just love this nailpolish so much because it’s the perfect colour for warmer days at the beach. It adds that eye catching pop of colour to an outfit and looks amazing on all skin tones. I also find the name of the nailpolish itself really cute because it’s a play on words of the Turks and Caicos Islands where the crystal clear water is pretty much the same shade as this polish.

The formula of this nailpolish however, is terrible. It’s really thin and very streaky and the polish is very runny. I applied 4 coats of this nailpolish to get an opaque even layer of colour true to the bottle. The drying time of this polish is also excruciating. I’ve bought nailpolishes for $1 that apply and dry more easily that this polish. It literally takes forever for Essie’s “Turquoise and Caicos”  to dry, but because I love this colour so much I went and bought the Nicole by OPI Nail Treatment Drying Drops ($10) to make this polish easier to work with.

Overall, although the formula of this nailpolish is a disaster I always myself going back to this stunning colour for bright spring days and I probably will repurchase it for my collection.



a girl is only defenseless until her nail polish is dry
stay fabulous!
xoxo
naheeda ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment