1.11.2013

10 Beauty Resolutions for the New Year ♥



Hey everyone!

Bye Bye [Bye *insert N’Sync flashback* lol] 2012 and HELLO 2013! I hope everyone’s having a great New Year so far because I sure am :). 
Today I’m going to be sharing my ten New Year’s BEAUTY Resolutions. I hope my easy and achievable list inspires all you gorgeous girls out there to also pay yourself some extra TLC.

So without further-ado here here we go:

Number 10: STOP BITTING MY NAILS
This is something that pretty much more than half the world needs to work on. Nail biting is one of those annoying habits that happen without you even knowing. Did you know that you could get worms from biting your nails! I know GROSS!

Until I kick this bad habit to the curb I’m going to paint my nails bright colours every week. This way I can constantly remind myself not to nibble away at them.

Number 9: BUY LESS BEAUTY PRODUCTS
I swear I tell myself this every time I leave a mall LOL. To stop myself from giving in the next time I enter a Sephora I’m going to go through all my makeup. Going through all your makeup at least once a year helps you know what you have to use before going out and get anything new. *fingers crossed*

Number 8: SPF SPF SPF!
SPF is soo important in the summer and even in the winter. I can’t stress how delicate our skin is against sun rays. SPF protects us from skin cancer, sunburn, wrinkling and premature aging. Sure you may have a better tan now but you’re going to end up looking 10 years older than you are pretty soon.

This year I plan on SPF’ing it up by only purchasing moisturizers with SPF. [I swear I said “SPF” like 100 times in a matter of those last few sentences lol]

Number 7: COMPLETE A BEAUTY DARE
What’s a beauty dare you may ask? A beauty dare is when you step outside of your comfort zone and wear something you normally wouldn’t. For example bold lips or a funky pattern. Personally I NEVER switch it up, so this is actually going to be a challenge for me.
*remember not to go too far, always wear what you’re comfortable with

Number 6: CLEAN MY MAKEUP BRUSHES MORE OFTEN
I have never been bad with this but there’s always room for improvement. Dirty brushes and other products can harbour dirt and bacteria you don’t want to be putting on your face. This will prevent breakouts and it’ll be easier to apply product with nice and clean brushes. You can also clean eyeliners and lipliners by simply sharpening them.

Number 5: BRUSH MY HAIR
This may sound crazy but brushing my hair is really something I have to work on. I have curly hair, so brushing it is actually kinda hard work. It takes time and it always leaves it frizzy and semi-afro-ish.

This year I’m definitely going to brush it out every day and apply a little bit of Moroccan Oil. Applying a tiny bit of the Moroccan Oil will eliminate the frizz and hopefully rejuvenate my hair without leaving it greasy and chemical filled.  

Number 4: WASH OFF MY MAKEUP
This is a big one for me. Some nights I come home already half asleep and jump right into bed.

This year I’m going to make sure to wash my makeup off every night to keep my face clean and let my skin breath. 

Number 3: KEEP ONTOP OF MY SKINCARE GAME
Skin-care is super important for everyone! This year I’m absolutely-positively going to follow a proper skin care routine. Every day when I wake up and before going to bed I’m going to make sure to:
  • Cleanse
  • Tone
  • Moisturize
  • Exfoliate 1-2 times a week


Remember healthy skin is happy skin.

Number 2: GET MY BEAUTY SLEEP
When you sleep your body does a lot more than just rest. The hours you spend dozing are when your skin works to regenerate and repair your skin cells. Lack of sleep can speed up the aging process and increase the rate of health issues.

This year I’m going to try to get 6-8 hours of rest every day. 

Number 1: EAT HEALTHIER FOOD
This is my biggest vice. I LOVE JUNKFOOD… but unfortunately my body doesn’t.

This year I’m going to try my hardest to keep track of my calorie intake and not eat fast food often. It may be hard to say no to Ronald McDonald’s tempting ways but with a little determination and persistence it’ll be a piece of cake [yes pun intended LOL]


Hope you guys have a wonderful year and never forget to Stay Fabulous!
xoxo
naheedz







No comments:

Post a Comment