1.13.2013

Do It Yourself: Studded Phone Case ♥

Hey everyone,

Studded iPhone case


So I don’t know if you guys have noticed but lately studs have been EVERYWHERE and frankly I love them! I’ve seen them on everything from bracelets to scarves to shorts to tops to jackets to leggings to hats to boots to shoes to bags to sunglasses and literally anything else you can think of. If you haven’t already joined this fabulous and edgy trend I have the perfect DIY for you today, a studded phone case. This awesome project gives you a way to take a plain phone case to the next level without spending too much.


Phone Case and Gold Studs
from eBay

So here’s what you’ll need:

  • A phone case (preferably silicon)
  • 1 cm by 1cm studs 
  • Super glue (optional) 

I bought the plain silicon phone case and the pyramid shaped studs on eBay. The case was only $1.23CAD (including shipping) and the studs were $1.75CAD (including shipping). 



1. Get an idea of the pattern you want
  • sketch out or loosely place the studs in the shape you want. 
Outline


2. Secure the studs


  • I started from the bottom of the design and worked my way up.
  • Because I was using a silicone case I had to press the studs into the case and fold over the prongs one by one.
    • If you don’t like the way a stud looks when you fold over the prongs simply unfold the prongs and reattach the stud.




  • If you are using a hard phone case fold over the prongs first and then take the superglue and glue them on one by one.
    • Be very careful of where you are placing the studs because superglue is permanent. Even if you can remove the stud there will be glue residue remaining on the phone case.


3. Complete the design
  • Continue to attach the studs until your design is complete!



4. If you are using a silicon case make sure to cut a piece of paper to put inside the phone case before slipping your phone it.
  • This will prevent the prongs from scratching the back of your phone. Because I put a back cover on my phone I didn't have do this last step.

(the back of my phone has a back cover, that's why there are random bubbles lol)

And there you have a super cute and fashion friendly phone case. I hope you guys try this easy and inexpensive DIY!

As always Stay Fabulous!!
xoxo
naheeda


No comments:

Post a Comment