12.02.2015

Pho Vietnam --- Vegetarian Day One (Kennedy Road and Shropshire Drive) ♥

Hey people,

My friend and I wanted to go out for dinner after she was done work, and after a quick Google search we decided on Pho Vietnam. When we first walked in, I have to say I was pretty taken aback with the interior design… it was extremely clean very unexpectedly chic for a Pho restaurant.

We were seated by the window and the lady came over pretty quickly served us green tea (which is free btw) and gave us our menus as well as a piece of paper and a pen to write down our order. Definitely thought it was a little strange that we basically took our own orders but considering none of the staff spoke English this did make the entire process more convenient. And speaking of the staff, have to say they were very polite and friendly.

We started off with Cha Gio Chay (Vegetarian Spring Rolls) which were absolutely delicious. They were really crispy, flavourful and came in a surprisingly large portion size. I’m pretty sure they were filled with radish and carrots and they also came with a sweet liquidy sauce and some pickled radish and carrots on the side. These spring rolls were seriously different from any other I’ve tried and I would come back just to eat more!

Vegetarian Spring Rolls


For my main I got Pho Rau Cai Dau Hu (Noodle Soup with Vegetables and Tofu) and I have to say this was a major disappointment. Don’t get me wrong, it tasted alright and I ate most of it but there were just so many missed opportunities for flavour. The broth, noodles, tofu and bok choy were all very bland. On the side of every table they have an assortment of condiments and you NEED to utilize them or literally you might as well be drinking water…

Vegetarian Pho with Tofu and Bok Choy

Overall I don’t know if I would come back for a meal, definitely not for the vegetarian pho, but I would for sure take-out those amazingly delicious Spring Rolls.  

Stay Fabulous,
Naheedz ♥

Pho Vietnam Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments: