12.14.2015

Birthday Dinner at Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar (Yonge Street and Gerrard Street) ♥

Hey everyone,

Last night my friends and I went for dinner because IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY #TwentyFun! I was super excited to see everybody as it’s been a long time since we’ve all got together and luckily mostly everyone was able to make it. The night was filled with good food, sharing great memories and a lot of funny stories.

I’ve been to Scaddabush before and I must say the food is always consistently good, at a great price point and they’re open late which is essentially why I chose this place for a large group. Oh also speaking of big groups I didn’t make a reservation so I was pretty scared driving down but they were able to seat us… which is really commendable considering there were more than ten people. The waiter was also super sweet and patient the entire time, but that being said the service was pretty slow like any other time I’ve been.

For appetizer I got the “Buratta” which they infused with honey and truffle cream and served with focaccia crostini’s. Can I just say if I could without being judged I would go all the way downtown just to buy this dish! All the mozzarella appetizers are freshly made to order and so light, full of flavour and perfectly stringy. This particular one had a more of a mozzarella texture on the outside and the inside was a lovely creamy filling similar to the consistency of cottage cheese and mozzarella combined. The flavours were on point also, the honey was dominant but not overly sweet, even if you don’t like sweet dishes I would still recommend this to you because the balance was absolutely textbook. The bread it came with was perfectly crispy but not so much so that the roof of your mouth gets scarred… I know you guys know what I mean. The portion size of this dish was also really generous! Definitely would be ideal to share amongst 3-4 people but it was my birthday so I managed to be a little more glutinous and ate the whole thing by myself.

 Buratta- Infused with honey and truffle cream, focaccia crostini

For my main meal I got the “Lobster Spaghetti” which was also totally delicious. It was comprised of lobster, spicy tomato cream sauce, roasted tomatoes, roasted peppers, fresh basil and poor man's Parmesan. “Hmmm poor man's parmesan, what is that?” you may ask… its basically flavoured fried bread crumbs which in my opinion took this dish from a 7 to an 8. They were a nice salty addition, and brought some bonus crunchiness. All the pasta at Scaddabush, except for the ravioli, is freshly made which is nice but mine was a little underdone and lacked a tiny bit of salt. But regardless I didn’t bother to send it back because after I got tons of parmesan freshly grated on top I couldn’t resist from eating everything.

Lobster Spaghetti- Lobster, spicy tomato cream sauce, roasted tomatoes, roasted peppers, poor man's Parmesan, fresh basil
I was extremely full so I really didn’t want to get dessert but felt kind of bad for not getting dessert on my birthday, #NaheedaProblems, so the fact that they also gave me free dessert made my night. It was a Chocolate Toffee Jar Cake” with a sparkler on top which was particularly exciting because the sparkler was really festive and turned everyone up to start singing “happy birthday”. Inside the jar was chocolate ganache, homemade sponge toffee, vanilla whipped cream, candied walnuts and sea salt. Everyone who had a bite all agreed that the sea salt really elevated this dish.

Chocolate Toffee Jar Cake- Chocolate ganache, homemade sponge toffee, vanilla whipped cream, candied walnuts, sea salt



Overall I think everyone had a great time and enjoyed their food. The atmosphere of this place was fitting for our loud personalities and for sure I’ll be going back, and hopefully soon because I’ve been craving the Buratta the entire time as I was writing this review LOL.

It takes a long time to become young--- Pablo Picasso

xoxo,

Naheeda 

Scaddabush Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment