12.22.2015

Review: Peter Thomas Roth “Strawberry Scrub Fruit Enzyme Polisher” ♥

Sticking to a skincare system is so important! But lately I find that because I’m keeping myself busier I just don’t have time like I used to for a full skincare routine and I end up omitting a step… which is usually exfoliation. I mean you have to remove your makeup, maybe apply a mask, then exfoliate, later cleanse your face, then tone, apply serum, put on a moisturizer and then finally eye cream. I mean if I’m being honest I really can’t say I don’t have time, everyone has time for some self TLC but I guess lately I just feel really lazy by the end of the day to do so many gradually tedious steps. All I want to do is pray, hit my bed and catch up on some television shows… speaking of TV did anyone catch that Miss Universe pageant… like awks LOL.

But yeah back to the point, exfoliation, you have been a pain in my behind but I have conquered you and I’m saving time! I’ve been trying a new daily exfoliator and I’m in love. Its this magical stuff by Peter Thomas Roth called the “Strawberry Scrub Fruit Enzyme Polisher” which you can buy at Sephora for $47CAD (before tax). Its not only magical because it’s basically solving all my current winter-woe skincare problems but also because after I wash my face I’m instantly like two shades brighter, it’s witchcraft. And not only is this scrub very effective but it also smells AMAZING. I cannot rave enough about the scent. It’s kind of like if someone liquefied and bottled a strawberry Starburst. Seriously I low key tasted a tiny bit of this stuff one day because of how ridiculously good it smells… and no I can’t say that was the most pleasant experience, hashtag do not try this at home haha.

Here’s some of the ingredient information and what they’re good for:
  • Strawberry Fresh Cells™: Moisturize, tone, and purify skin.
  • Strawberry Puree: Comprises the skin, pulp, juice, and seeds of the strawberry fruit and is high in vitamin C, polyphenols, antiaging ellagic acid, and nutritive minerals manganese and potassium.
  • Strawberry Enzyme: Helps improve problem skin and provide a brighter complexion to effectively nourish the skin for a revitalized appearance.
  • Finely Ground Almonds: Gently exfoliate dead surface skin cells leaving skin soft and smooth.



This scrub is for the face, chest and body and while I find that it works amazing for the face and chest area, it’s not as effective on the body. This is basically my only con about the Strawberry Scrub, I really don’t understand why its advertised for the body as well. No one is going to spend like an hour in the shower using these minuscule beads to exfoliate their whole body when an exfoliator with a larger bead would do the job in like 2 minutes. Not to mention for the price it’s just not practical to use up enough product at once to cover your entire body. 

Their website claims that it cleanses, exfoliates, refines, and refreshes skin. From my experience this is 100% true and I actually use it in place of my cleanser every other day and save myself from doing extra work. The scrub is also really gentle and can even be used every single day as many times as possible! But I definitely don’t recommend using it that often because I don’t care if you’re dry as a desert NO ONE needs that much exfoliation, you’ll just end up irritating your skin and damaging it by making it extremely susceptible to sun damage.

Overall I don’t know if I can ever be without the PTR Strawberry Scrub. It does such a good job removing all of the dead skin cells and even face makeup thoroughly and a small amount goes a long way. You just have to wet your face and use a little squirt on your fingertips and gently exfoliate using a circular motion to polish your skin before washing it off. BUY THIS STUFF! YOU ALL NEED IT!

Stay Fabulous!

Naheeda



No comments:

Post a Comment