12.26.2015

Golden China (Markham Road and 14th Avenue) ♥

Exploring Markham is on my “to do” list and what better way than to hit up the local restaurants? For some reason Markham’s food industry is off the chain. Especially in the last four years some really great restaurants have opened up. Last week my family went out to a Hakka restaurant called Golden China and have been raving about the food. Unfortunately, because I had other commitments I wasn’t able to go but I did check it out today with a friend. 



Sweet Corn Crab Soup
For our first starter we got soup, which is of course a must when you go to an Asian spot. Since we regularly would order the standard Sweet Corn Chicken Soup today we thought we would try something different and get Sweet Corn Crab Soup. I can’t say the soup was the best I’ve ever had but it was well seasoned and had a nice sweetness. However, something it did lack was crab flavour. It was basically plain Sweet Corn Soup with slices of imitation crab.
 
Special Fried Shrimp
We then ordered the Special Fried Shrimp which were absolutely delicious. The shrimp were coated in either flour or corn-starch and fried before they were tossed in a super tasty sauce and served on top of a raw carrot and cabbage salad. The sauce was perfectly sweet and best of all it was really garlicky. The shrimp also had the tails removed, were well cooked and relatively big. I highly recommend trying this appetizer!
 
Bombay Chicken 
The Bombay Chicken is a dry chicken dish which they batter, fry and then toss with onions and green chilies. There was a prevalent tandoori flavour with an Asian twist. Also the Bombay Chicken is marked as a “spicy” dish on the menu but I wouldn’t say it was necessarily that spicy, it definitely could have been amped up a bit… but hey, that’s just me.
 
Crispy Beef
On to my favourite thing we ordered today, which was the Crispy Beef! I think this has to also be my favourite Crispy Beef I’ve ever ordered at a restaurant. This dish was very tasty! It had a good spice, and soy flavour but a delicate sweetness that came through. The pieces of beef were totally crispy but not weirdly hard either.
 
Stir Fried Mixed Vegetables
Lastly we tried the Stir Fried Mixed Vegetables which I was kind of against ordering. You see, I have this mentality where I only want to pay for meat LOL. But anyways, to my surprise the vegetables were really yummy! There was broccoli, corn, carrot, onions plus green and red peppers which were all well cooked in a sauce but had a nice crunchy bite... Okay I have to admit I'm happy my friend forced me to get this dish because all the other things we got were dry. The vegetables came in gravy which complemented the free steamed rice that they give you with every main dish ordered. 

Though our server was extremely confused everything we wanted came within minutes of us placing the order. Overall I had a pretty great experience at Golden China because the food was awesome!

Have a goodnight!

Naheeda ♥

Golden China Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment